Gum Paste & Fondant Course
The Wilton Gum Paste & Fondant Course is another course that can be done after the Decorating Basics Course. In this course you will learn how to work with gum paste and fondant, creating beautiful gum paste flowers and covering cakes and cake boards with fondant. It is a requirement that students have completed the Decorating Basics Course before commencing this course.
Each Gum Paste & Fondant course will run for 4 weeks and each session will be 2 hours. Our course fee includes a student kit, booklet and some items you will need to complete the course in a basic way (you will need to bring a cake to decorate to the last lesson), all of which is yours to keep.
Some of the areas the Gum Paste and Fondant Course will cover are
- Gum Paste and Fondant 101
- Bow Loops
- Assembling a Bow
- Calla Lily
- Rosebud and Rose
- Calyxes and Leaves
- Covering a Cake Board with Fondant
- Eyelet, Ruffle, and Ball Borders
We have the following courses scheduled for the GUM PASTE & FONDANT Course. These are being run on Thursday nights and Saturday afternoons.
- Thursday 28 Feb, 7, 14 & 21 March, 2013 – 7.00 – 9.00 pm
- Saturday 27 April, 4, 11 & 18 May, 2013 – 1.30 – 3.30 pm
- Saturday 13, 20, 27 July & 10 August, 2013 – 1.30 – 3.30 pm
- Thursday 12, 19, 26 September & 3 October, 2013 – 7.00 – 9.00 pm
Please ensure you can attend all dates for your chosen course, as it is not possible to schedule make-up classes.
Book in early to ensure your place, as places are limited, and courses fill fast. The course registration form is below.
Gum Paste & Fondant Course Registration Form (If this file does not open correctly please email us for another file type)